Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Where do I begin?!

So here I am, blissfully engaged to an amazing man who never fails to liven up my day.

As I was basking in the glow of the sweet proposal and heartwarming greetings, Kelvin and I were also greeted with tons of questions from our supportive and excited family members, friends, neighbors, and colleagues.

"When is the big day?"

"Do you already have a theme?"

"What do you plan to wear?"

"Where are you getting married?"

"Who will be your maid of honor/best man?"

"Can I be a part of the entourage?"

"Am I going to be your ninang?"

Hon and I both want our wedding to be in 2015; we just are not sure about the date yet. Personally, I'd like to get married in the summer as it is my favorite season and I desperately love the water.

We have not identified a church yet but we already have a reception venue in mind. The place is a very special place for us, and it has had that special place in our hearts for the past seven years. The place is called Kim Siong - a secluded place tucked in the shivery breast of Silang, Cavite. This means that our wedding ceremony will be held in a church in Tagaytay or Silang.

*all photos were taken from Kim Xiong Community's Facebook page:









Lovely, eh? ;)

As I was struggling to answer the rest of the questions, I realized one thing. If the wedding is next year, and Hon's parents are going to visit my family next month to plan the wedding (we Filipinos call it pamamanhikan), then Hon and I must finish planning before February so that we have some proposals to present to our families!

And so the planning has started. I reckon the sooner we are done with the planning the sooner we can go back to enjoying our engagement. (But I'm guessing half of the fun of engagement comes from planning the wedding!)

Let's get crackin', shall we?

But the question is, where do I begin?!

As I have never been married before, nor helped anyone who has been married, I realized I did not have a single clue as to how a plan a wedding!

So I started messaging my lady friends, those who have been married, and those who are also planning their wedding.

And lo and behold, I have inherited the black book of wedding preparations - the black book, which has been passed from generations to generations of giddy brides. And when I say black book, I mean the countless MSWord, MSExcel, and PDF copies of wedding checklists, budget planners, photography/videography planners, wedding suppliers, list of florists, websites, church requirements, things to bring, and other reminders for the wedding.


I was flabbergasted and overwhelmed by the number of things I had to take note of; but despite the intimidating numbers, I've got to say these files are heaven sent! I will be eternally grateful to my lady friends who sent me these God-given files. They are detailed, complete, accurate and a certified life-saver! So if you are reading this and you are planning your own wedding, please feel free to email me at elliane08@yahoo.com and I will send you soft copies of the black book.

As of today Hon, our families, and I are still finalizing the guest list and the headcount so that when Hon and I drive to Tagaytay on the last week of January we will have an estimate number of guests to give to the caterers, reception venue and the church. 

Watch out for my next blog as I talk about my bizzare yet amusing experience in coming up with the guest list and my wedding checklist.

Kim Xiong Community on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment