Friday, January 24, 2014

Wedding Update... Venue and others



Hello there!

Planning has been slow this week because Kelvin and I have been busy with work. My sister is also coming home from Dubai next week and my whole family is so excited!
As for the wedding plans, Hon and I have decided to move the wedding to Batangas for a number of reasons. 

1.  My grandma is eighty years old and it is not advisable for her to travel.  Also, my mom’s youngest sister is special and if the wedding will be held in Cavite, there’ll be no one to take care of her. Tita Obang likes to stay at home and in her own bed.
2. My mom and all her sisters live in Batangas so logistically and planning wise, it’ll be easier for me and my mom to plan since all the suppliers are nearby.
3. Since we are looking at more than two hundred guests, having the wedding in Batangas will be kinder on our pockets since we have more resources and more (better) connections in Batangas.
4. Since I live in Manila and my mom is in Batanagas, she can ask for help from her sisters when it’s time for us to look for wedding suppliers.
5. The fees for the church in Batangas are cheaper compared to the churches in Tagaytay

So that’s it for the venue. Another change in plans is the wedding photo/video. We initially wanted CGM studios to cover our wedding but it has been very difficult to get in touch with them. I have the mobile number of the proprietor Cris Malabanan but it takes him days to reply to my message! I was texting him to provide me with his bank details so that I can deposit my reservation fee but it took him two days to reply. I also sent him a message getting his commitment that he himself will take the photos and supervise his team during the entire event from the ceremony to the reception but until today I have not gotten a reply from him. Ngayon pa nga lang ang hirap na nyang kausapin pano pa kaya pag kinuha na naming sya?!

And so we decided to cancel our reservation with CGM. Tomorrow I am meeting with another photo/video and see if we like his photo/video package. It’s going to cost us more but if it means our security and peace of mind when it comes to our photos and videos, then I’ll take it!

San lang ok talaga itong new photo/video company na ito!

No comments:

Post a Comment