Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Caterer | Al Fresco Food and Catering Services

So we're down to the last two major suppliers for the big day! The caterer and the floprist!

Hon and I were quite busy and work and we have not been able to actively search for a caterer.

Things have been really crazy at work. In case you didn't know, Aegis has been acquired by Teleperformance and my team has been heavily involved with all the integration classes and initiatives. And because of this, I have not actively looked for a caterer.

But even if we have not gone out and attended food tasting events, we already had a list of potential caterers in mind.

- Juan Carlo
-Malyn's
-Linda Fe
-Tecson

But guess what? Guess what? My fiance is simply unbelievable!

Without me knowing, he scouted for caterers, contacted a few, selected the best, and SCHEDULED AN APPOINTMENT FOR FOOD TASTING!

Hells yeah! All I needed to do was show up and gobble down some grub!

Ladies and gents, we'd like you to meet Al Fresco Food and Catering Services!





First time, big time, y'all!

What am I talkin' about? We met with Rachell, the proprietress, tasted the lovely food, chatted for a bit, and booked their services! Right on the spot!

We didn't have a good start though, as the food was about an hour late. But we spent about a few minutes chatting Rachell up. Rachell was such a sweetie, she was able to answer all our questions and was very amenable to all of our suggestions. She even had suggestions of her own and I loved them!

And as for the food, ooh were they yummy!

So Hon and I were served with pasta, fish fillet, beef tenderloin, chicken barbecue, pork spareribs, and pansit palabok. They all tasted really good! Yum! Hon even finished his whole plate. It is worth noting that we just had lunch at home and feasted on mom's amazing cooking. So the fact that Hon was able to polish his plate off meant the food was THAT good.

Here are my top picks. Now I'm no food critic so pleave forgive my not too detailed review.


1. Fish fillet - granted, you can find fish fillet in EVERY buffet; but the fish fillet we had was sooo good and tasty! It was crunchy on the inside and (you know it), yummy on the inside! It came with a dip (I can't remember the name, though) and it was oh, so delicious!

2. Chicken barbeque - this is also another food/dish that you can find almost anywhere, anytime, but the barbeque was really tasty! It was smoky and juicy and it was not tough nor dry, which I loved.

3. Pork Spareribs - this was the first viand that I tried and boy was I impressed! It was really juicy, saucy(?), tasty, and soft too! I am, however, not a fan of gnawing on bones, so it wasn't a favorite of mine. Now I'm pretty sure I was not a dog in my past life.

4. Beef tenderloin - Just like the spareribs, the beef was very tasty It was, however, a little tough and dry, and was a little difficult to eat. Maybe it was due to the fact that the food was no longer warm. But it was really delicious, nonetheless.

5. Pasta - I'm no longer sure what the pasta was called but I liked it. It was delicious, creamy, and milky; just the way I like it. I wasn't too impressed, though. I've tasted similar pasta before. But it was goood!

6. Pansit palabok - Now, I am a big fan of pansit. I will choose pansit any given day over rice, or spaghetti. But the things is, either I was too full to be impressed by the pansit or it was not that oh-my-god delicious. And that it why it was the last on my list. It tasted good, but I wasn't very impressed.

There were a number of things that I wish had gone differently though:

  • I wish the food was not late.
  • I wish the beef wasn't tough and dry.
  • I wish there were more food served (vegetable, desert, and soup)
But those three things aside, all in all the experience was just amazing. We had a great planning, food tasting, and conversation with Rachell.


Even after our meeting, I could text or email Rachell and her replies are always prompt and complete. 

What made us decide to get them? Read on then!

  1. The food was Amazing
  2. The business is located in Lipa City, Batangas and we didn't need to pay Out of Town Fees
  3. Their office is very accessible as it is located in the city, right in front of De La Salle Lipa
  4. Rachell was nice, knowledgeable, had great ideas, and was very passionate about her business
  5. She is very upfront and transparent about their services and staff
  6. She is quick to reply and open for recommendations
  7. The rates were very affordable, the downpayment was only 10% of the total amount of the package
  8. The menu and other services are open to modifications
Read on to see their set menus :


So there we go, we've booked our caterer!

If you're planning your own wedding and would like to look Al Fresco Food and Catering Services up, below are their contact details:


5th Floor MVL Centre, National Road, Paninsingin Tambo, Lipa City, Batangas, PhilippinesEmail:rachell.ramales@alfrescocatering.wbats.com
Website: www.alfrescocatering.wbats.com
Contact : 0908-243-1939/0917-626-4478


__________________________________

Hit me up!

Wedding Blog: http://ourroadtothealtar.blogspot.com/
My life's blog: http://www.sentimentsofleng.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/elliane.varias
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PlinsesLeng






10 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm currently looking for top caterers in Manila and I found this post. Wedding in Batangas is not bad at all. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leng. I'm getting married on May 12,2018. I've been dealing with Rachell for 2 weeks now, yes she offer the most affordable packages kaya mejo kinakabahan ako. Pero nung mabasa ko blog mo and your good experience with Al Fresco, nakahinga ako ng maluwag. sana my experience with al fresco would be as good as yours.
    i've booked them na to handle my wedding in May.
    Thanks Leng and God bless your marriage.

    ~Jackie Furio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I'm thinking of getting them as well. Pero kakaunti ang reviews tunkol sa kanila kaya ang hirap mag decide.

      Delete
  3. A cutting edge school of thought could be that the present crude results of nourishment creation are far more secure than in days passed by and consequently formal sustenance wellbeing preparing is of less significance than would have been the situation in ages passed by but then truly nothing could be further from reality. inn at walnut acres

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great one. Thanks for your sharing such a nice post. its very useful and informative.
    Marriage Catering Services in chennai
    Catering Services in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Nice blog!
    Catering packages for Wedding

    ReplyDelete
  6. We’re planning to have Al fresco’s service too. We will meet september or october. We’ll post our experience here soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, again for sharing a wonderful feedback. You can follow best catering services in Jaipur. Moderns catering for special events by hotel caterers and off-premise caterers in Jaipur
    , including coverage of menu items, service styles and presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this very informative content. Hope you could visit Ka tunyings, they also have catering service 🙂

    ReplyDelete