Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Our Prenup Photoshoot

Last August , my cousins Kuya Aryz, and his brother, Kuya Glenn, came home to the Philippines along with their families. The brothers have not seen each other in seven years as Kuya Aryz has been living in Dubai with his wife and kids, and Kuya Glenn has worked in Japan for a number of years, and has been living in Australia with his own family for the past three or four years.

Along with their jobs abroad, they also have been practicing photography; and even Kuya Aryz has done prenup, wedding, and other themed photography gigs. So along with their vacation plans, the brothers also offered to shoot our pre-nup pictures! Aren’t they so sweet?

 So even when the brothers were still abroad, we started planning the photoshoot schedule. And finally, we’ve set a date and agreed to shoot the photos on the 21st of August, which was a holiday, and also our (Kelvin’s and mine) 93rd month as a couple. :) We also decided to have the shoot done in our most favorite place in the Philippines. Kim Siong Community, TAGAYTAY!

Here is a picture that was taken of us back in 2009.


To prepare for the photoshoot, Hon and I (well, it was mostly me, of course) listed the clothes that we would wear, and of course, I advised him to get his hair trimmed.

And, boy, did he have his hair trimmed! He went to his barberbut he left with his head SHAVED! I guess he didn’t know how short the “dos” haircut looked like. AND NOW HE SURELY DOES! And if that was not bad enough, he had his hair cut THAT short just four days before our pre-nup photoshoot!



But guess what? My baby looked damn fine! Look at him working that new 'do! 

Anyway, there we were on the 21st of August, all set for our photoshoot. Let’s get the details out of the way, here are the things that we have chosen for our prenup photoshoot:


  • For my hair and make-up, I asked our good family friend and makeup artist, Kim Ombrezo to work his magic on me.
  • Photographers – My amazingly good looking cousins Kuya Aryz and Kuya Glenn 
  • Venue – our special place, Kim Siong Community, Silang Cavite – a private resort situated in SIlang Cavite, a ten-minute drive from Tagaytay. It is one of our (Kelvin’s and mine) favorite places on this God’s green earth and we’ve spent many a day in the resort with our close friends. 

  • Clothes – mine and Kelvin's 
  • Styling – mine and Kelvin's with some ideas thrown in by Mama and our cousins 
  • Theme – We really didn’t have a theme and just went posing! 
  • Food – my family was with me and Mama prepared food enough to feed a small army (Thanks, Mama! I love you!)

We arrived at the venue at around noon and started prepping up. For our first outfit, we went with matching gray shirts. I wore a plain gray shirt, shorts, brown leather boots, and had my hair straightened. Hon wore a gray T-Shirt, jeans, and his Jordans.




My cousins started shooting my pictures first and I was soo nervous!
In the first few minutes of the session, I was so nervous and too self conscious I didn’t know how to pose for pictures. I’ve never modeled ever before and I wasn’t sure if I was doing things right. I felt so awkward I didn’t know how to smile, where to look, where to put my hands, how to bend my limbs, or when to glance at the camera. It was too awkward I think 4 or five of my pictures I had my eyes closed! LOL! 


But after a few minutes and a few encouraging instructions from our fantastic photographers/cousins, I guess I finally got the posing and the smiling right as I saw my cousins start clicking away and shouting compliments like, “Ayan!” “Tama!” “Ganyan! Wag kang gagalaw!”

After my solo session, they started shooting Hon and me together. That was soo much fun! The weather was so nice and cooperative even the clouds were putting on a show! I was having a lot of fun posing, smiling, posing, and Hon was so supportive. As for my cousins, they were just phenomenal and looked so professional. They were breaking their own bones kneeling, bending, and  twisting, trying to get awesome shots. And awesome shots, they indeed were! Hon really surprised me. I actually had more trouble than he did! He was either really comfortable being photographed or he just happens to be a really good actor. He was such a natural! And he was having fun!



For the second session, Hon and I changed into more formal attire. Hon wore a maroon long-sleeved polo, black slacks, black leather shoes, and a coat. As for me, I had my hair curled; put my little black dress on, and my black peep toe suede shoes.


Because we were more comfortable posing, we then moved to the garden and the grand stairs for more dramatic poses. 




Look at my good lookin' cousins clicking away with their cameras lookin' all professional and stuff! 

Of all the shots we’ve had, that was by far, my favorite! Hon and I were very comfortable, we were smiling, laughing, and posing the whole time while my cousins were busy clicking away. The shots were romantic, dramatic, and classy. Here’s a sneak peak!


We were down to the last session and it was getting a little challenging for our photographers as the sun was starting to set. Hon wore his choice of basketball jersey and basketball shoes, and I had on a pair of denim shorts, a blue button up polo, and my favorite red hot pumps. 




We shot the last session in the basketball court, and they took a picture of Hon shooting a basketball, lay up style.




 That was Hon’s favorite; and he can’t wait to put it up as his profile picture! We had another shot where Hon and I were kissing behind an umbrella. My cousins were busy setting up their camera and lights; Hon and I were just too preoccupied practicing behind the umbrella! 




(Oh, hi, Daddy!) :)

So those were the last shots of the day. We wound down by wolfing down enormous amount of food made by Mama.

We had soo much fun!

Update as of Oct. 28:

We received the first batch of the pictures last week and the pictures were amazeaballs!

If you're in Dubai and you'd like to have your fabulous photos taken by my phenomenal cousin, you may click on  the picture below or visit his webpages here:

http://aryzvarias.wix.com/avreflection


http://avreflection.carbonmade.com/
http://www.500pxart.com/aryzvarias
http://aryzvarias.wix.com/avreflection


Watch out for my next post about our next supplier. The CATERER!

___________________________________

Hit me up!

Wedding Blog: http://ourroadtothealtar.blogspot.com/
My life's blog: http://www.sentimentsofleng.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/elliane.varias
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PlinsesLeng

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Do you happen to have the contact details of Kim Siong Community? I've been to this place once and am planning to go back with some of my friends but I can't seem to find their number. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, do you have the contact details of kim siong, and how much is their overnight stay?

    ReplyDelete