Sunday, May 18, 2014

Hon has booked our Wedding Photographer/Videographer!

Can I just say that I have the best fiancé in the whole world?!

I was just gone for twenty four hours, and he has already booked a wedding photo/video!

He is just soo amazing and hands on with the wedding planning. I am one lucky woman!

Let me share with you our crazy story of our hunt for the perfect P/V!

In our very first bridal fair (Jan. 22), I was hooked by a package that CGM Studio was offering. I liked the package that they offered to us because it seemed like everything was included in the package, even unlimited photobooth, with no out of town fee! Because we were young and impulsive, I convinced Hon to let me book with CGM. 

Hon wasn't so keen on booking and felt that it was too early. He was unimpressed and probably felt that the deal was too good to be true. He also didn't see why I wanted the different things that came with the package like glide cam, etc. He didn't want to book witg CGM right away but I was just too persistent. 

I should have listened to my guts and to Honey. On that day, the prioprietor, Cris Malabanan, was a little abrupt, I could feel that the man could use some people-skills training. LOL. :) The package costs P55,000.00 with a reservation fee of P5,000.00. Hon and I weren't prepared to book with any suppliers that day so we didn't have P5,000.00. Fortunately, Mr. Malabanan graciously agreed to accept P1,000.00 that day, provided that we deposit the remaining P4,000.00 on the Friday of the next week. 


That week, I was all ready to reserve the dat with CGM that I sent a message to Cris the day after the bridal fair. But I was disappointed because it would take Cris hours or days before he replied! And to think, I was the one offering to pay! So Hon and I decided to let CGM go (goodbye, P1,000.00!).

So we were back to finding the perfect P/V. Our next choice was Honeycomb Weddings, which is owned by Hon's college professor, Vlad Lima. I first met Vlad and his team on the Jan. 22 wedding fair. I must say they are very friendly, accommodating, and are a delight to talk to. Their pictures were awesome, sharp, and beautiful. I've also seen their pictures and videos on their Facebook account and they were really artsy and pretty! We inquired about their services and they were gracious enough to send us their offer.



Our next pick was Nino Ventura Files, owned by Honey's college friend, Nino. He has been making films for years now and he even made the picture/slideshow video that Kelvin gifted me for our second anniversary (which was almost six years ago!. :) For the past month I have been watching his wedding and proposal videos on Youtube and they are just soo beautiful! You can watch all the tear-jerker videos on his YouTube channel here


Before Hon met with Nino I looked at their website and I was amazed by the different packages and services that they offered. And the pictures and videos! Oh, my heart! I just love the sharpness and beauty of the photos, and the emotions that were captured by the videos. 

So last week, I asked Honey to meet with Vlad and Nino to discuss their photo/video rates and packages. We were thinking of getting Honeycomb for our photos, and Nino Ventura for our videos. I was a bit nervous about getting two teams as I was thinking of the expenses. 

So Kelvin started messaging Honeycomb and Nino to schedule a meeting with them. Vlad and his team were probably busy as they failed to reply to Hon's messages. So Hon met with Nino last Saturday to discuss their rates and packages. I was unable to meet with Nino because I was in Batangas with my family and there was an event that I needed to prepare for. 

So there we were, on a Saturday, Honey in Manila, and me in Batangas, and he was just updating me via text. One minute, he told me he was still talking to Nino, the other minute he texted me he had booked their Oscars package, plus a few add-ons! :) I am soooooo happy!


I am just so happy and blessed to have a fiancé who is very patient, understanding, and spoils me to pieces! I can't believe he met with a supplier, negotiated, and booked a package all by himself! I'm one proud princess!

And I am so happy that Nino will be our exclusive wedding photographer and videographer. I can't wait to meet with them and plan the details of their coverage. Can't wait!

So as of today, we have alrady booked the following:

  1. Church 
  2. Reception Venue 
  3. Wedding Coordinator
  4. Photo/Video
  5. Souvenir for the Principal Sponsors

Up next, caterer and florist!

And guess what? Hon wants to start scouting for florists next week! 

You can visit Nino Ventura films below:



How about you? How are your plans coming along?


____________________________________


3 comments:

  1. CGM studio andor Cris Malabanan is the worst! Good thing you were not able to close out a deal with them. You were right when you said about Cris. in addition, Cris Malabanan is truly unprofessional in every way. I know because me and my fiance are wanting Cris to refund everything we have paid for. Our overall experience with them was just terrible! Cris, and his croonies, should never be allowed to book any couple for a wedding photo/video at any event! He’s dowright patronizing the photoshoot and, while that’s ok, the quality of his deliverables were just terrible and off timing on every deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are married for 2 years. As of todah
    Y, we haven't received any albums nor portraits as what we had in CONTRACT. ON THE DAY OF OUR WEDDING, PHOTO BOOTH and SDE is not working. We paid 75k and we got nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You dodged a bullet! Cris Malabanan is THE WORST. Don't expect him to do anything after the wedding. His services are trash. Sinundo pa namin sila for the prenup because out of town ang shoot for sunrise. Guess what! 2hours late ang crew. At walang Cris Malabanan. Sakit sa ulo!

    ReplyDelete