Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Search for the Ultimate Wedding Coordinator has ended!

Hello everyone!
We’ve ticked another item on our wedding checklist, folks!
A month after we got engaged, I was able to convince Kelvin that we needed to get a wedding coordinator. The month after, I started looking for coordinators.

Let me tell you, I’ve spent an exhausting amount of hours on the internet chatting with and emailing coordinators, planners, and suppliers. As if that was not enough torture, Kelvin and I even thought of just getting coordinators from Lipa! So on I went with my research; some replied, some didn’t, and some agreed to meet with us. So, after two wedding fairs, numerous chat and email messages, a handful (meaning one) of meeting later, we were down to the Top 3 Picks for the Wedding Coordinator. Below is a picture of me interviewing one of the coordinators of Alalay.Ko; one of our Top 3 picks.



My top 3 selections were Alalay.Ko (Pasig), LTN Events (Lipa), and The Wedding Bachelors (Mandaluyong).

First was Alalay.Ko. I really liked Erli from Alalay.Ko; she was very warm and jolly I found it easy to talk to her and ask questions. She even showed me some of her Excel files. I met Alalay.Ko at the wedding fair held at SM Megamall in February. They made an impression on me and stood out among all other wedding coordinators in the event. Their coordination packages started from 15,000; but if we booked them, we still need to add an out out-of-town (OOT) fee, which usually ranges from 10-25% on top of the service fee.



My second top pick was LTN Events, only because they were located in Batangas and wouldn’t charge an OOT fee. I personally met with them in Robinsons Lipa with my Mom and Dad. I was a little disappointed as I don’t think they were prepared for the meeting. I still considered it as a business transaction but the two gentlemen who met with us were wearing shorts and shirts, and did not bring any documents with them apart from an iPad where they showed us some of their work. During the meeting, they were not able to present themselves well, and there was no structure. Worst of all, there were no other documents to support their offered services. They had to wait for me to open my laptop, and download the PDF file that they sent to me. So all in all, they were informative but unimpressive.


My third pick was recommended to me by a good friend and a former trainee in IBM, Mek Fule, who, got married two months ago to his beautiful wife, Ja. Mek raved about the coordinator and his team, and how helpful, affordable, and cool their services were. He and Ja got them as their On-The-Day Coordinator (OTD) and the couple was very impressed with how the coordination team helped them and how enthusiastic the coordinator was about weddings and celebrations of love.
I decided to meet with the highly recommended coordinator last week at SM Aura, and after more than two hours of question and answers over Chinese food, I was sold.
I am so excited to work with TWB’s not so big man, all-in-one, Managing Director/Chief Coordinator/Host/Singer Badz Gacuma. (I kid! I kid about the “not so” part!)

I appreciated that he came to our first meeting appropriately dressed, all affable and engaging as he talked about himself and his team. Best of all, he brought documents and proposals with him! What really impressed me was how he talked about his passion to make weddings memorable, fun, and classy. As a trainer and host myself, you can tell from first sight if one is doing something because it’s his passion, or just because for the money. And Badz is definitely passionate about what he does. He is creative, artistic, articulate, and a delight to talk to. I could tell that he loves what he is doing and he takes great pride in his team. He never failed to magnify the skills and competencies of his team and how dedicated everyone is about what they do.
Two days later, I presented the proposal to my ever skeptic fiancé, and even without me having to sell and convince him, Honey said “Go sign him up!” So the next week, on the 13th of May, at Papa John’s Greenbelt 3, we’ve finally booked our wedding coordinator!
Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to our charismatic wedding coordinator, The Wedding Bachelors by Chuck (TWB)!

As for the service, I soo love the package that they offered to us! We got the On-the-Day Coordination Package, with hosting and singing services from Badz himself! I’ve seen his videos and have spoken to him so I’m certain that he’ll do a great job in making one of the most awaited moments of our (Kelvin’s and mine) lives an unforgettable one. I can’t wait to start planning and cooking up ideas with The Wedding Bachelors!


What about you? How is the planning going?

You may get in touch with Badz Gacuma and The Wedding Bachelors through:
The Wedding Bachelors on Weebly: http://theweddingbachelors.weebly.com/the-team.html

1 comment:

  1. hi.. I got Badz Gacuma of The Wedding Bachelors.. and it was FABULOUS!!
    from coordination upto hosting! super galing nia mag host.. super buhay ang reception.. not that super boring formal wedding.. he made it a WEDDING PARTY!! super happy! :)
    from coordination from hotel p lang thumbs up na! on time kame umalis ng hotel at natapos on time.. laht on time from suppliers up to ento.. go and get badZ!

    ReplyDelete