Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Wedding Update | Blasts of color!

Hello, everyone!

In my last blog I talked about a situation that our family had to go through. And I am ecstatic to tell everyone that our prayers have worked and God has granted us our wish. God is just amazing! I will not go into the details but we are just so happy that everyone is healthy and well.

Now that everything and everyone is well, we are back on the wedding planning table and we have resumed our search. 

So far we have booked the following:


  • Church
  • Reception Venue
  • Photo/Video
  • Wedding Coordinator
  • Souvenirs
Our next items on our list are florists and caterers. But before even that, Hon and I (or is it just me? LOL!) are still undecided on the color. I first proposed Chinese Red and Champagne Gold. The reason being is because I love red, it is my favorite color, and it also reflects Hon's Chinese heritage. Gold greatly compliments red; and gold was also an element in my parents' wedding. 

Isn't this so elegant and beautiful? :D


But then I also want our wedding to be in the summer. Summer is my favorite season of the year and I just looove taking a dip in the pool or swimming in the ocean or just laying on the beach looking out into the sea while listening to the crashing of the waves and feeling the heat of the sun on my shoulders.

This picture was taken last year in Cebu on a weekend off from work.

So looking at it, summer and red and gold don't match that well because the red can darken the bright, sunny vibe of summer. So I decided to look around and look for another color, although I still want it to be close to red. 

So, here are the colors that I have been choosing from!







Aren't these colors terrific for summer?! So far, here are my top choices:

  • Salmon pink
  • Coral
  • Tangerine Tango
  • Papaya peach
  • Geranium
  • Rhubarb

I'm a bit partial to coral now but I'm not closing my doors on other colors. Now all I need to do is download more pictures and inspirations and show them to Hon so that we can decide before we set up appointments with our selected caterers and florists. 

Wish us luck!

How about you? How are your wedding plans coming along?


____________________________________

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! kilig much! I think the last photo suits you best. Even the dress. :)

    ReplyDelete